ONE CARE has been serving our communities in Huron & Perth for over 30 years to ensure that our seniors get the support and care that they need to remain home safely. During this time of uncertainty our organization continues to be committed to this important cause and is making every effort to ensure that critical services continue to be delivered. Our dedicated staff and volunteers remain front and centre in our communities providing essential care to those in need.
The Covid-19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation, both globally and locally. Outlined below you can find how ONE CARE is taking steps to ensure the safety of both the community and our clients. If you or a loved one are an active client or are seeking services, please refer to this page for the most up to date information regarding potential service disruptions.
ONE CARE continues to support high need seniors in our communities
We are continuing to support our most vulnerable, frail and socially isolated clients. This is a time when they need us the most. We also have a responsibility to support all public health efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the communities. For more information please read our press release PRESS RELEASE 03 20 2020 Covid 19
Program & Service Cancellations or Changes
In order to help maintain social distance and slow the spread of the virus ONE CARE has closed our offices to the public. Our staff are still working and we are answering phones and email to ensure that you are able to you receive information and book essential services.
The following programs have been put on hold until further notice:
- Adult Day Programs
- Dining for Seniors
- Exercise and Wellness
- Foot Care Clinics
Other programs, such as Home Help, Home Care, Transportation and Meals on Wheels continue to be offered with modifications. If you require more information about our services you can call 1-844-482-7800
ONE CARE is also please to announce our new grocery delivery service for seniors during this time. Click here for me details.
All other programs are operating in full or with slight modifications to increase the protection of our clients and staff.
ONE CARE RESPONSE TO COVID-19
The situation can change rapidly and it is imperative that we adjust our response accordingly. ONE CARE is connected to updates from provincial authorities and associations and continues to monitor the situation as it evolves so that we can respond appropriately to keep our clients, staff and volunteers safe.
The safety of our clients and their families as well as our valued staff and volunteers is the highest priority for us at ONE CARE. Our services are essential to those in need and we must continue to find ways to deliver the care our community needs while reducing the risk and slowing the spread. To date several measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all involved.
- COVID1-19 specific screening has been in place since January and continues to evolve with the situation
- The Emergency Response Team (ERT) was implemented in accordance with our Pandemic Plan
- Daily ERT meetings are scheduled during which decisions around response are made as the situation continues to evolve
- All staff and volunteers who have traveled or exhibit any known symptom are being asked to self-isolate for the required 14 day period
- Programs which pose a risk due to contact with multiple people have been cancelled including Adult Day, Footcare, Overnight Respite, Wellness, Exercise and Dining Programs
- Other programs have been modified to include additional precautions such as transportation, meals on wheels, friendly visiting and home at last
- We continue to provide all other services and are dedicated to supporting our clients and our community
For more information please click here ONE CARE Response to Covid-19
Thank you for your support as we work together to keep our community safe.