Home Help Worker
Interested in starting your career?
We are currently hiring Home Help workers to provide care for clients that reside in Huron and Perth Counties.
With ONE CARE you can:
- Be proud to work for a local organization rooted in our community for more than 40 years
- Be part of a team that delivers high quality, friendly and compassionate care
- Be involved in a growing service that provides a range of programs and developmental opportunities
- Experience a supportive work environment where you have a voice
Home Help Worker Position Overview:
The Home Help Worker provides housekeeping, laundry, basic meal preparation that enables an individual(s) to live in the community. With the direction of the Supervisor, the Home Help Worker performs mostly housekeeping tasks as outlined in the service plan. The duties vary according to the individuals or families receiving service. The Home Help Worker informs the Supervisor of significant change in the client’s condition. The Home Help Worker must work within a goal-directed, outcome based and Client Driven Care philosophy.
ONE CARE offers:
- Regularly scheduled shifts
- Full time, part time and casual
- Applicable benefits coverage
- Paid travel time
- Professional development and mentoring
- Ability to perform duties of the position, including high intensity of physical effort
- Professionalism, strong client service skills, relationship, and interpersonal skills
- Able to carry out written and spoken instructions
- Punctual, courteous, and reliable
- Good communication skills
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C
- Valid Ontario driver’s license