Interested in starting your career?
With ONE CARE you can:
- Be proud to work for a local organization rooted in our community for more than 40 years
- Be part of a team that delivers high quality, friendly and compassionate care
- Be involved in a growing service that provides a range of programs and developmental opportunities
- Experience a supportive work environment where you have a voice
In the newly created position of Infection Prevention and Control Specialist (IPAC Specialist) we are seeking an experienced IPAC professional in leading the implementation, surveillance and evaluation of infection prevention and control practices and education to minimize the risk of infectious diseases for the Agency. The IPAC Specialist works closely with key internal and external stakeholders in providing clinical IPAC oversight supporting a culture of compliance, quality and commitment to health and safety.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time, Temp Contract until March 31, 2021
Will consider Part time
HOURS OF WORK: Monday-Friday, On call as required
REPORTS TO: Manager, Home Care
- University or College Diploma in Nursing or related discipline (Microbiology, Epidemiology) from a recognized educational institution.
- Minimum three years’ recent, related clinical experience in a health related discipline.
- Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) or working toward completion of Infection Control Certification preferred.
- Completion or current enrollment in an approved IPAC Canada sponsored and endorsed Infection Control course.
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with enhanced skills in Excel as well as experience with Client Management Systems.
- Exceptional facilitation skills and ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Ability to travel between Huron and Perth Counties.