Accessible, safe, and affordable transportation is the key to independent living for many older adults and frail elderly living in Huron and Perth County.
EasyRide™ is a transportation service shared by Community Support agencies. By teaming up and sharing our vehicles and drivers we can offer flexible door to door service.
Your transportation may be provided by:
- volunteer drivers
- wheelchair accessible vehicles
- vans, cars and taxis
EasyRide is a door-to-door transportation service shared by Community Support Agencies across Huron & Perth Counties, offering ride services for registered clients who are Seniors, as well as adult clients who:
- Are without access to transportation or who are where public transportation is not available
- Have physical or cognitive limitations
- Require specialized transit e.g. wheelchair access
- Do not have family or friends who are able to help out
Eligibility criteria will apply.
Bookings – Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please book two business days in advanced. Same day bookings may be accommodated when possible.
The service is available 7 days a week.
EasyRide™ is available for
- Non-emergency medical appointments
- social activities.
To register for this program please call 1-844-482-7800.
An intake assessment will be completed to determine the best type of transportation service.
Clients may access ONE CARE or EasyRide transportation services for any purpose (medical, shopping/errands, social) if they are:
- Must live in Huron or Perth County or be traveling to a destination in Huron or Perth County
- A senior (65+) OR adult with a disability
- An individual with a short or long term disability (i.e. broken bone, convalescing from surgery)
- An individual who requires specialized transportation
Clients who do not meet the above criteria can access One Care transportation under certain conditions. Call 1-877-502-8277 for more details.
Rates vary and subsidies may apply. Call 1-877-502-8277 for more details.
Clients are invoiced monthly.