Home at Last
Helping you from hospital to home
Home at Last is a program designed to work collaboratively with the Hospitals, Community Support Service Agencies and the CCAC to help transition older adults home after a hospital stay or visit to the emergency department.
- There is no cost to the client.
- Facilitates a safe and timely discharge from hospital to home.
- Coordinates services for a smoother transition of clients from hospital to community.
- Improves client discharge experience and client health outcomes using the Client Driven Care approach.
- Improves client access to ongoing community support services.
Home at Last provides transitional support services for adults who are gaining, frail, or have special complex needs and require assistance for a safe return home from hospital. Referrals are set up with the Discharge LHIN Care Coordinator at the hospital OR by contacting ONE CARE
- It is ideal if referrals are set up the day before, however same day referrals can generally be accommodated.
ONE CARE links with the Community Support Service agency to arrange for services such as transportation and Home At Last.
The attendant will meet the client at the hospital or at home.
- The attendant can stay for up to four hours with the client.
- Safety assessment of the home is completed.
- Groceries or prescriptions can be picked up by the attendant.
- The attendant can assist with personal care, light housekeeping or laundry.
- A complimentary meal (Frozen Meals on Wheels) is provided for each client.
Once the client is settled at home they will receive a follow up call from Home At Last within 24 to 48 hours and discuss additional services that may be available.
Bookings – Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The service is available Monday to Friday with weekend discharges possible if scheduled by Friday afternoon.
To register for this program please call 1-877-502-8277.
Home At Last is available to individuals 55 years of age and older. (Clients under 55 can be considered on a case by case basis). Clients must live in Huron or Perth County and be medically stable.
- Home At Last is eligible to residents of retirement homes and Long Term Care facilities.
- Day surgery or elective surgery clients requiring support when they go home the same day can access Home At Last.
- Service is available to clients having procedures that require sedation.
For additional criteria, please call 1-877-502-8577.